miercuri, 12 septembrie 2007

TEZA LA ENGLEZA CLASA 12 SEM I

TEZA SEMESTRUL I CLASA 12

I. Complete each sentence using an appropriate form of the word given in capitals: (5points)
1. Thieves often plead ……… to justify their crimes. POOR
2. Computers are now considered ………….. in the business world. DISPENSE
3. Please send ………... of the order as soon as possible. CONFIRM
4. Most people use computers for complicated ……….. these days. CALCULATE
5. There are many ……….that have to be completed before the course is finished. ASSIGN

II. Rephrase, using the words in bolds: (5 points)
1. If we don’t leave this minute, we’ll be late! otherwise
It’s high………………………………………..
2. I regret not studying harder when I was at school. only
If………………………………………..
3. He now regrets his decision to study law at university. wishes
He……………………………………………..
4. I would prefer you to stay and wait for them. rather
I ………………………………….
5. This is the best film I’ve ever seen. never
I ……………………………………….

III. Rephrase: (5 points)
1. We moved into this house 30 years ago.
It’s …………………………
2. It’s a pity we didn’t meet a long time ago!
I wish…………………………
3. Mary left before we reached the hotel.
By the time……………………
4. John prefers us not to say anything about the missing money.
John would rather……………………
5. Without your help, I wouldn’t have got the job.
If you ……………………….

IV. Complete each sentence with a suitable word or phrase: (5 points)
1. But for Mary, Tom …………………… a terrible accident.
2. If only you ………………….last evening!
3. That plug looks quite dangerous; …………..I were you.
4. I wish you …………….shouting at me like that!
5. Children, hurry up! It’s high time …………to school.

V. Put the verbs in brackets in the right tense: (10 points)
1. Captain Scott (find) …….. that Amundsen (reach) ……the South Pole before him.
2. We (just /move)………….to a new house, but we (be)……… dissatisfied with it.
3. When I (meet)……… him two weeks ago, he (tell)……….. me that he (just/return) ………from the south of France.
4. He always (go)……….. for a walk every morning before his illness.
5. While the two thieves (argue) ………., someone (steal)…………their car.

VI. Translate into English: (20 points)
“De-abia dupa ce am ajuns acasa, mi-am dat seama ca ma gandisem la toate afara de lucrul cel mai important:locul unde se va ascunde prietenul meu. Imi vorbise de o cabana in munti, dar trebuia sa ajungem la ea inainte de a se lumina de ziua….. Riscam ca prietenul meu sa se opreasca dupa cateva sute de metri pentru ca era nemancat de o saptamana.” (M. Eliade, In curte la Dionis)

Un comentariu:

Unknown spunea...

o rezolvare , sa ma pot corecta ?

Top  IPN  Romania Publicatii Mini-Top10 Promovare Gratuita Revista presei - Roportal Director One Director Web General Retete Culinare